Welcome to episode 001 of the Yasmin Essa podcast! On today's show, I am joined by Derya Kucukali, Wholistic Health Coach for a lovely conversation on nutrition, Islam, motherhood, business, and more.
Some fun facts about Derya:
- Married mother of three children
- Graduate of Science, with a major in Microbiology and Genetics
- Resigned secondary school science teacher of ten years
- Left teaching to pursue her passion in Health and Wellness
- Successfully runs an online health store, Organic Instinct, for the last six years
- Ambassador for the popular documentary That Sugar Film by Damon Gameau
- Practicing health coach
- Facilitates health and wellness programs at schools, businesses and community groups around Melbourne
- Passionate about sharing her personal story along with all she has studied in hopes of empowering others to transform their relationship with food, their body and their health
- Tell us about yourself personally and professionally.
- How did your passion for Health and Wellness come about?
- Tell us about your online health store Organic Instinct.
- Do you have any non-negotiable daily habits?
- What is something that comes easy to you? Alternatively, what’s something you struggle with?
- What do you do when you feel stuck or overwhelmed?
- Do you have any examples from your life when you overcame adversity?
- What advice would you give to your adolescent self?
- What makes you happy and joyful?
- How has Islam inspired you?
- Where do you potentially see yourself 15 years down the line, inshaAllah?
- Where can listeners find you and your work?
This episode is sponsored by Glow Academy's 6 Week Ramadan Mind Body Soul Online Retreat. Learn more about Glow Academy here, inshaAllah.
Watch on YouTube: