Welcome to episode 002 of the Yasmin Essa podcast! On today's show, I am joined by Sarah UmmYusuf, Green Living Mentor for a lovely conversation on green living, Islam, family, and more.
Sarah's Bio (in her own words):
I’m a former school teacher, turned stay at home mom of three kiddos, age 6 and under. My husband and I were born and raised in the US, but moved to Canada 10 years ago and now live in Toronto. I’ve also been blogging for 6 years about natural and non-toxic living, and consulting with families to help them take small steps to creating a non-toxic home. Besides geeking out while searching for safer alternatives to the products we use in our home, I love dabbling in photography, reading, and drinking lots and lots of coffee. ;-)
- Tell us about yourself personally and professionally.
- How did Nature’s Nurture come about?
- Do you have any non-negotiable daily habits?
- What stresses you out?
- What do you do when you feel stuck or overwhelmed?
- Do you have any examples from your life when you overcame adversity?
- What advice would you give to your adolescent self?
- What makes you happy and joyful?
- How has Islam inspired you?
- Where do you potentially see yourself 15 years down the line, inshaAllah?
- Where can listeners find you and your work?
This episode is sponsored by Glow Academy's 6 Week Ramadan Mind Body Soul Online Retreat. Learn more about Glow Academy here, inshaAllah.
Watch on YouTube: